Merz to Present New Aesthetics Clinical Data at AMWC 2019
Merz, a global leader in aesthetics and neurotoxins, announced today that clinical data on the use of the Merz Aesthetics portfolio, including Belotero®, Cellfina®, Radiesse®, Ultherapy® and Botulinum Toxin will be featured in oral and poster presentations at the 2019 Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Medicine World Congress (AMWC), to be held from Thursday, April 4 to Saturday, April 6, 2019 in Monte-Carlo, Monaco.
In addition to the poster presentations listed below, Merz Aesthetics is also sponsoring the Symposium event Early Intervention Meets Beautification – Treating the Social Media Generation, to be held on Friday, April 5 at 14.00h – 16.00h, Auditorium Prince Pierre. The session will include live injections and treatment insights from five international expert speakers:
- Rolf Bartsch – Plastic Surgeon, Austria
- Sabrina Fabi – Dermatologist, USA
- Dr. Martina Kerscher – Dermatologist, Germany
- Jani van Loghem – Aesthetic Physician, The Netherlands
- Sonja Sattler – Dermatologist, Germany
- Marie Doppelhofer – Blogger and entrepreneur, Austria
- Restorative properties of hydroxylapatite (Regenerative Aesthetics Session). Kate Goldie, MBChB – European Medical Aesthetics Ltd, London, UK; Sabrina Fabi, MD, Cosmetic Laser Dermatology, San Diego, USA. Thursday, April 4, 10:00-12:00h, Auditorium Camille Blanc
- Elements of the face attractiveness and balance (Fillers: Natural Results and Attractiveness Session). Dr. Jani van Loghem, MD – Falck Clinic, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Thursday, April 4, 14:00-16:00h, Auditorium Prince Pierre
- Study with controlled subcision, calcium hydroxylapatite and microfocused ultrasound with visualization: What is the best algorithm for combination to improve cellulite appearance (Rubbish and Reality on Combined Treatments Session). Gabriela Casabona, MD – Ocean Clinic, Marbella. Saturday, April 6, 9:00-10:30h, Auditorium Camille Blanc
Posters will be available for viewing at the Poster Zone on Level 2, outside of the Camille Blanc Auditorium, from Thursday, April 4 to Saturday, April 6.
- IncobotulinumtoxinA: A unique and pure formulation of botulinum neurotoxin type A for use in aesthetic and therapeutic medicine. Ada Trindade de Almeida, MD – Hospital do Servidor Municipal de São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil.
- Comparison of incobotulinumtoxinA to botulinum neurotoxin type A formulations in Asia. Jürgen Frevert, PhD – Formerly of Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Escalating doses of incobotulinumtoxinA for extended treatment of glabellar frown lines: safety and efficacy results from a randomized, double-blind study. Corey Maas, MD – The Maas Clinic, San Francisco, CA, US.
- Safety, tolerability, and efficacy of repeat-dose injections of incobotulinumtoxinA in the treatment of upper facial lines: results from a prospective, open-label, phase III study. Tanja Fischer, MD – Haut- & Lasercentrum, Potsdam, Germany.
- Combined post-operative scar treatment with incobotulinumtoxinA and microneedling to improve the appearance and functionality of scarring following surgical removal of facial skin tumors and flap reconstruction. Gabriela Casabona, MD – Ocean Clinic, Marbella, Spain
- Decrease in therapeutic effect among botulinum toxin type A agents: Analysis of the FDA adverse event reporting system database. Rashid Kazerooni, PharmD, MS, BCPS – Merz North America, Raleigh, NC, US
- Open label multicenter post-market clinical follow-up to confirm the performance and the safety of CPM®-HA20 in facial skin revitalization. Martina Kerscher, MD, PhD – University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany.
- Cohesive polydensified matrix crosslinked hyaluronic acid volumizing gel: An MRI and CT study. Patrick Micheels, MD – Private Practice, Geneva, Switzerland
- Diluted and Hyperdiluted Calcium Hydroxylapatite for Skin Tightening: Guidelines from a Global Consensus Panel. Kate Goldie, MBChB – European Medical Aesthetics Ltd, London, UK
- Radiological evaluation of calcium hydroxylapatite implantation to correct volume loss in the dorsum of the hand. Amir Moradi, MD – Private Practice, Vista, CA, US
- CaHA microspheres: Contact with fibroblasts and amount of spheres are key factors for collagen stimulation. Bartosch Nowag – Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: A safety review. Jonathan A. Kadouch, MD, PhD – ReSculpt Clinic, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Upper Body Lifting and Tightening with Calcium Hydroxylapatite and Microfocused Ultrasound with Visualization. Jani van Loghem, MD – Falck Clinic, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Differentiation of microfocused ultrasound with visualization treatment using a customized management protocol of see-plan-treat. Julia Sevi, MBChB – Aesthetic Health, Leeds, UK
- Microfocused Ultrasound with Visualization: Treatment Plans and Comfort Management in Real-World Practice. Amanda K. Doyle, MD – Russak Dermatology, New York, NY, US
- Multicenter Pivotal Study of the Safety and Effectiveness of a Tissue Stabilized-Guided Subcision Procedure for the Treatment of Cellulite – 5 Year Update. Michael S. Kaminer, SkinCare Physicians, Chestnut Hill, MA, US
Copyright © 2019 Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA. All rights reserved. MERZ, MERZ AESTHETICS and the MERZ logo are registered trademarks of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KgaA.
Merz is a global, family-owned aesthetics and neurotoxin company based in Frankfurt, Germany. Privately-held for 110 years, the company is distinguished by its commitment to innovation, long-term perspective and focus on profitable growth. In addition to its comprehensive portfolio of medical aesthetics products across the device, injectable and skincare categories, Merz also develops neurotoxin therapy to treat neurologically-induced movement disorders. In fiscal year 2017/18, Merz generated revenue of EUR 1.024,4 million; the company has a total workforce of 3,151 employees worldwide and a direct presence in 28 countries. More information is available at www.merz.com.
Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA
Global Corporate Communications
Mariana Smith Bourland
Phone: +49 151 42 49 1466 (DE Mobile/ Preferred)